May is Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month and Disney will be celebrating at the Disneyland Resort through music, art and enchanting experiences.
Below are some of the ways you can celebrate AAPI Heritage Month:
Downtown Disney District
- 4-piece Polynesian band, Faiva, will be performing on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- The Filharmonic is a 5-piece Filipino a cappella vocal group that will be performing on Tuesdays.
- Enjoy Tupua's Polynesian show of dancing and drums on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Enjoy Chinese dance, martial arts, lion dance, and beautiful costumes by the Chinese Cultural Splendor on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Go to Kayla's Cake to enjoy some flavorful macaron's which were founded by sisters Kayla Lee and Eunjoo Kang.
- Visit the Disneyland Resort Hotels to enjoy some ukulele music nightly and take some complimentary hula lessons on the weekends.
Disneyland California Adventure Park
- Check out the limited-time "Turning Red" photo op towards the Pixar Pier.
You can also check out some delicious food throughout the year such as the Loco Moco Bao, Sweet Lumpia, Tonkotsu Ramen, Poke Bowls, and Thick and Fluffy Japanese Pancakes. Go to Disney Parks Blog for more information on celebrating AAPI Heritage Month.