Tonight's Mega Millions jackpot has soared to $1.28 Billion paid as an annuity (or a lump sum/cash option of $747.2M) for the July 29, 2022 drawing.
The current jackpot is now the second largest in Mega Millions' 20 year history. The largest on record was $1.538 Billion , won October 23, 2018, when the winning ticket was sold in the upstate of South Carolina.
According to the Mega Million website, here's a table of the largest jackpots in the game's history.
The top Mega Millions jackpots to date:
- Amount | Date | Winning Tickets Sold
- $1.537 billion | 10/23/2018 | 1-SC
- $1.280 billion | 7/29/2022 | ?
- $1.050 billion | 1/22/2021 | 1-MI
- $656 million | 3/30/2012 | 3-IL, KS, MD
- $648 million | 12/17/2013 | 2-CA, GA
- $543 million | 7/24/2018 | 1-CA
- $536 million | 7/8/2016 | 1-IN
- $533 million | 3/30/2018 | 1-NJ
- $522 million | 6/7/2019 | 1-CA
- $516 million | 5/21/2021 | 1-PA
Mega Millions lottery tickets cost $2 each (without Megaplier). Drawings are held 11 p.m. ET every Tuesday and Friday. Odds of winning the grand prize is 1 in 303 million. If you play, please play responsibly.