If you are having trouble paying your rent, during the COVID-19 pandemic, there are some programs to assist, and here's one of them, with the help of SC Thrive and the SC State Housing Finance and Development Authority.
The South Carolina Housing will be funding $5Million in emergency funding through SC Thrive, to South Carolinians facing hardships during the COVID-19 pandemic. Eligible households could receive up to $1,500 in funding to help with rent payments.
Some of the terms to qualify:
- Applicant MUST be a South Carolina resident (with valid ID), and at (or below) 80% of the local Area Median Income for their county of residence.
- Applicant must be behind at least ONE month in rent
- The rent assistance payment MUST bring the applicant current on their rental agreement.
- Applicant CANNOT receive subsidized rental assistance
- Applicant CANNOT be a recipient of Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation
For all the terms and information: CLICK HERE: https://scthrive.org/covid-19-rental-assistance-program/