Florence County Government offices will remain open and operational, however beginning at 12:00PM, Thursday March 19, 2020, public access to all county buildings, facilities, and offices will be restricted and the restriction will continue until public health officials have determined the threat to the public posed by COVID-19 has passed. Florence County Council is expected to declare a State of Emergency to take effect on Thursday, March 19, 2020.
A few key facilities will remain open, with modified operations, to limit person-to-person contact:
- All manned convenience centers will remain open, under normal operational hours, Monday-Saturday, 7am-7pm.
- Register of Deeds office in the Complex will allow very limited attendance, by appointment only. Paralegal will be allowed in the Record Room by appointment. To make an appointment, call 843-665-3031. Documents may be left in the dropbox at the back Complex, with security in a marked envelope, with clear directions for where and to whom it's directed. Filings can be mailed to 180 N Irby St, MSC-E, Florence SC 29501.
- Florence County Voters Registration and Elections Office will remain open for regular hours to accommodate filing for partisan elected officials. Staff will limit the number of people in the facility. Call 843-665-2351 to make an appointment.
- All other county facilities will be restricted to the public. Most county offices will remain open 8:30am - 5pm. More information is available at florenceco.org
- The Building Department will accept online permit applications, construction documents, and payments.
- Any Probate Court hearings for non-emergency matters will be continued to a future date/time. Filings can be made by mail. Customers are asked to consider waiting to apply for marriage licenses until the department reopens to the public.
- Florence County Circuit Courts have postponed all jury trials. Non-jury proceedings will be scheduled at the judge's discretion. Filings and payments can be mailed or accepted by appointment only. Please call Circuit Court at 843-665-3017.
- Family Court emergency hearings willb e scheduled on an as-needed basis. Call Family Court 843-665-3096 with concerns.
- Florence County Summary Courts will be continued until another date. Notices will be sent out with date and time of new trials for civicl and criminal offenses. Tickets can be paid at florenceco.org/payticket or paid to the appropriate court. Court contact numbers can be found at www.florenceco.org/offices/magistrate
- Treasurer's Office - Current taxes can be paid online at www.florenceco.org or mailed to 180 N Irby Street, MSC-Z, Florence, SC 29501. Call 843-665-3095 with questions.
- Auiditor's Office - Please call the department at 843-665-3088
- Administration/Finance/HR: Please contact the respective department with questions. Contact information for each department can be found at: www.florenceco.org
- Recreation: All reservations, classes, events have been cancelled for recreation programs until April 6.
- Veterans Affairs: Staff are available by appointment. Schedule an appointment by calling 843-665-3045.