Most people love Target, but most people also walk out of Target with a lot of things they don’t need. Well, lucky for those customers, Target has a pretty descent return policy, allowing most unopened items to be exchanged or refunded within 90 days.
It turns out there are a lot of people out there who try to test that return policy in a variety of ways, and now Target employees are talking. They shared with Business Insider the most outrageous things folks have tried to return and it’s bound to leave you shocked.
- A single banana
- An unopened bag of chips- Apparently they weren’t eaten at the customer’s party.
- Assorted half-consumed products- One even tried to return a half-drunk bottle of wine.
- Items brought at other stores– Like the customer who tried to return a Wal-mart brand of flour.
- A disturbing piece of swimwear– As in a bloody bathing suit bottom.
- Hundreds of dollars in Christmas decorations– The return came in late February so you know they decorated the house for the holiday and then brought it back.
- A damaged bag of contraceptives– As in an open box of condoms
- Thousands of dollars in home goods– Usually after a customer has successfully staged and sold their homes.
See some more of the strange things people have tried to return here.