While cooking with a turkey fryer is a delicious way to do a Thanksgiving turkey, please make sure you practice these general safety tips.
- Please make sure you're wearing the right clothing. (Closed toe shoes, sleeves, pants, gloves etc)
- Make sure your space where you're doing the frying is free of objects that can catch fire, and away from pets/kids.
- Do not overfill your fryer with oil. Please keep the line at or below the line stamped on the inside of the pot.
- Make sure the turkey is completely thawed and dried.
- Set the fryer to 325 degrees.
- Make sure you're using the proper utensils, when frying your turkey.
- Before you put the turkey into the fryer, turn off the flame. Then after you have it in the fryer, you can turn the flame back on.